Call for Proposals of DIES Partnerships
DIES stands for “Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies”. This programme area jointly developed by the DAAD and HRK aims at an international ex-change of experience in matters of innovative higher education management and policy. DIES Partnerships support co-operation in university management between higher education institutions in industrialised and developing countries.
DIES Partnerships provide an opportunity to intensify existing contacts between a German university and a foreign university. Since 2002, the DAAD has backed-up its otherwise more subject focused activities with developing and transition countries by funding – together with the HRK (German Rectors’ Conference) – measures aimed at improving higher education management. The following topics can be outlined as possible subject areas for co-operation in partnerships: Introducing or advancing the strategic development planning or quality management systems (university or faculty), introducing systematic cooperation with external interest groups (stakeholders) into the development of the university or faculties, establishing and enhancing central university facilities, continuing development of responsibilities performed by the higher education management or administration, establishing and advancing tertiary continuing and postgraduate training programmes on topics relating to higher education management and administration, support from university consortia on introducing innovations into the field of higher education management.
To qualify for DIES Partnership funding, it is essential that cooperation agreements already exist between both sides. Besides tandem applications by a German and a foreign university, partnership projects that involve two or more universities – as far as possible from different partner countries – are also particularly welcome
Possible topics include
• Introducing innovations into the institutional management of universities or faculties (target agreements, decentralisation, professorial appointments management, networking management, etc.)
• Introducing or advancing the strategic development planning or quality management systems (at institutional or faculty level)
• Introducing systematic cooperation with external interest groups (stakeholders) into the development of the university or faculties (graduate and destination surveys, contact workshops, alumni networks, fundraising, etc.)
• Establishing and enhancing central university facilities (international offices, careers services centres, technology transfer centres, university-wide graduate schools, etc.)
• Continuing development of responsibilities performed by the higher education management or administration (human resources, infrastructure, budget, organisation, etc.)
• Establishing and advancing tertiary continuing and postgraduate training programmes on topics relating to higher education management and administration.
• Support from university consortia on introducing innovations into the field of higher education management.
The following can apply for DIES Partnerships:
University Principals, members of the central university management
Heads of central university facilities
Deans and faculty managers
Heads of higher education management programmes
à The application is submitted by the German partner University!
What is funded?
The maximum amount of funding for a partnership between a German and a foreign university is € 50,000.- per year. The funding can essentially be paid over a maximum of four years.
In multilateral collaborations (one North, two or more South partners – generally partner countries with differing development stages) – the funding volume can be topped-up by up to € 20,000 per year.
Further information can also be found here
To apply the German partnership coordinator submits a full Online Application via the DAAD Portal (https://portal.daad.de).
The application deadline is 30th June 2014.
Contact person and further information: firstname.lastname@example.org